Charleston’s Best Walking Tour Company, Bulldog Tours, is now offering a Haunted Pub Crawl tour. Learn about Charleston’s ghostly past while enjoying libations at some of the city’s finest bars and taverns. As seen on the Travel Channel, Food Network, Southern Living Magazine, NY Times, and many others, Bulldog Tours provides the best and most professional experience for all guests.
The Haunted Pub Crawl not only takes you through the seedy history of the Holy City, but it also fills you in on the city’s historical relationship with alcohol, from the days of rum trade to Prohibition to speakeasy bootleggers. You can look forward to tales about:
- Charleston’s ghosts, poltergeists and spirits doomed to the realm of mortals. Hear the tales of the ghosts that wander the streets of Charleston and that haunt our local establishments.
- Lowcountry superstitions of nighttime spirits like Plateyes and Boo Hags.
- The respectable origins of the Charleston Pub, Public House and Tabernae (taverns).
- Prohibition, and how locals found ways to circumvent the laws.
- Piracy and the rum trade.
- The old speakeasies where bootlegger Vincent J. Chicco made a fortune selling tickets to “Blind Tiger Fights,” then used his money and influence to win election to the City Council for four consecutive terms. He also managed to be the chief investigator of all alcohol-related crimes.
- The brutal murder of Rumpty Rattles in front of what is today the Gucci store on Market street.
4pm on Friday and Saturday
$35 per person
Must be at least 21 years old to participate in tour.
Bulldog Tours has a proud history of providing professional and safe tours. Before purchasing a ticket for this tour, please be aware of the following:
- This tour will function in a public environment; Bulldog Tours will not be responsible nor held liable for the behavior of tour guests, pedestrians, or unforeseeable street walking accidents throughout the duration of any Bulldog Tours presentation.
- Bulldog Tours has no affiliation with private establishments and with the purchasing and consumption of alcoholic beverages. The cost of tour admission does not include food and beverages that an individual may choose to purchase between stories while on the Haunted Pub Crawl.
- The City of Charleston prohibits all alcoholic beverages on the street.
- Our tours go rain or shine, but if hazardous weather forces cancellation of a tour, you have the option of rescheduling or refund.