Book Your Tour!
Indulge in the spirits of the north side of town on the Upper King Street Pub Tour. You’ll learn about prohibition and how locals found ways to circumvent the laws during this walking tour. We’ll also discuss piracy and the rum trade. Not to mention, old speakeasies and bootlegging history.
Here’s what you have to look forward to:
- Prohibition, and how locals found ways to circumvent the laws.
- Piracy and the rum trade.
- The old speakeasies where bootlegger Vincent J. Chicco made a fortune selling tickets to “Blind Tiger Fights,” then used his money and influence to win election to the City Council for four consecutive terms. He also managed to be the chief investigator of all alcohol-related crimes.
4pm Wednesday – Saturday
$35 per person
Must be at least 21 years old to participate in this tour.
Bulldog Tours has a proud history of providing professional and safe walking tours. Before purchasing a ticket for this tour, please be aware of the following:
- This tour will function in a public environment; Bulldog Tours will not be responsible nor held liable for the behavior of tour guests, pedestrians, or unforeseeable street walking accidents throughout the duration of any Bulldog Tours presentation.
- Bulldog Tours has no affiliation with private establishments and with the purchasing and consumption of alcoholic beverages. The cost of tour admission does not include food and beverages that an individual may choose to purchase between stories while on the Upper King Street Pub Tour.
- The City of Charleston prohibits all alcoholic beverages on the street.
- Our tours go rain or shine, but if hazardous weather forces cancellation of a tour, you have the option of rescheduling or refund.
Space is limited – Book online today!
Book Your Tour!
For questions and information about the tour or your reservation, call us at 843-766-2080!